i.d.e.a + B Corps
- We’re now one of 1,000+ Certified B Corporations in 34 countries—including Ben & Jerry’s, Etsy, Method, Patagonia and Seventh Generation—using the power of business to “benefit” the greater good.
- i.d.e.a. is one of just five marketing and communications companies in California – and the only marketing company in San Diego – to bear the B Corp designation.
What B Corp means, and how you earn it
- B Corp certification is to business what Fair Trade certification is to coffee or USDA Organic certification is to milk. As The New York Times said, “Consumers…are looking for responsible companies; B Corp provides what is lacking elsewhere: proof.”
- B Corporations are certified by the nonprofit B Lab by meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability.
- To become a B Corp, we had to undergo a series of performance and legal measures, including evaluating our impact on stakeholders (e.g., workers, community, consumer and the environment); undergoing an assessment by B Lab staff; and incorporating sustainability into i.d.e.a.’s mission and our governing documents.
- If you want to become a B Corp, work with our fabulous guide through the whole process: Frank Scarpaci of The Vianova Group (another B Corp). We couldn’t have done it without him.
How we make the world better
- Investing in the Community: giving more than $150,000 worth of pro bono service and donations to local and national nonprofit organizations each year.
- Protecting the Environment: reducing and offsetting emissions from energy use, commuting and business travel so we are “carbon neutral” and don’t contribute to climate change.
- To learn about other ways we’re working to have a positive impact in these areas, see i.d.e.a.’s full B Corp Summary Report.
How we make your business better
We believe any business can be a force for good. That’s why we have deep expertise in Brand Purpose, to help you create brand value and activate people with the good your business is doing in the world. If we can help, contact us or reach out to Amon Rappaport, VP of Brand Purpose, by email or phone (619.704.7566).
We’re excited to be at the forefront of this growing movement, and bring you along for the journey. Let us know how you think we can create the most benefit for all.