We are looking for a Staff Accountant to join the team. Reporting to the Accounting department lead, this position will be responsible for GL accounts, month end close process, financial reporting and
aspects of the accounts payable function.
Reports ToAccounting dept.
Our Company is committed to attracting and retaining the best qualified individuals and promotes equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Analysis and maintenance of GL accounts including prepaids, fixed assets and accounts payable subledger
- Assist with monthly financial closings, month end close, reporting and analysis of financial results
- Serve as the lead for Accounts Payable function including generating weekly A/P reports and check disbursements
- Develop, implement and maintain systems, procedures and policies of the A/P function to ensure adherence to company guidelines.
- Provide assistance in the documentation of internal controls, policies and procedures and with annual audits
- Oversee invoices and annual 1099s
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly sales tax returns
- Ad hoc projects
Qualifications & Education
- At least 2 years related Accounting experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including advanced skills in Excel; Mac user a plus
- Organized, detail oriented, strong work ethic and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-motivated with strong problem solving, analytical and effective communication skills