Social Media Intern
We are looking for a part-time intern to support our Social Media team for a three month internship beginning this January. This is not your “getting coffee and answering phones” kind of internship. We love for our interns to gain as much knowledge as they can from us and help them grow within their career aspirations!
Reports ToSocial Media Dept.
Our Company is committed to attracting and retaining the best qualified individuals and promotes equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Developing content for social media marketing campaigns
- Sharing engaging content on various social media platforms
- Managing online communities across multiple social media platforms
- Producing weekly broadcasting plans and uploading/editing articles for clients
- Creating, posting, tracking, updating content for Social Media and online sites such as Google, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Collaborating with other team members and departments at i.d.e.a. (e.g. PR and Digital)
- Using Google Analytics, keyword tracking and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for monthly reporting
Qualifications & Education
- Majoring in Marketing, Journalism, Psychology, Graphic Design or a related field AND previous social media experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Proficiency in Excel, Google Analytics, Basic HTML, Photoshop and WordPress
- An understanding of digital content, communication and marketing principles
- Ability to work within a deadline-oriented and fast paced team environment as an independent self-starter
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and highly creative setting
- An enthusiasm for and experience with social media, a positive attitude and excitement to learn new skills
- A proven record of developing creative work for a job, internship or personal project
- Experience working with social media management tools (e.g., Buffer, HootSuite, Spredfast or Sprout Social)
- Deep understanding of the social landscape, proven competency across multiple platforms and experience managing social media pages with proven success
- A self-starter with the proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize work, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- All candidates must be a current student and eligible for academic credit.