Public Relations Intern
We are looking for a full-time, paid intern to support our Public Relations team for a three month internship beginning in June 2017. This is not your “getting coffee and answering phones” kind of internship: we want our interns to gain as much knowledge as they can and help them grow within their career aspirations!
Reports ToPR Department
Our Company is committed to attracting and retaining the best qualified individuals and promotes equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Direct media pitching
- Writing media releases, alerts and other press materials
- Media, blogger and social media correspondence
- Maintaining digital clipbooks for brand partners
- Creating and updating media lists
- General account support
Qualifications & Education
- Majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or other closely related field
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills (AP Style knowledge is a big plus)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, energetic and highly creative setting
- A positive attitude and excitement to learn new skills
- Previous PR/media experience preferred