We are currently looking for a Marketing Supervisor with solid marketing/PR experience and a focus in consumer business media relations. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of creativity, public/media relations, corporate communications, and content creation for the purpose of propelling our company platform forward and reaching key target audiences. This position will play an integral role in bringing national awareness to i.d.e.a..
Reports ToChief Relationships Officer
Our Company is committed to attracting and retaining the best qualified individuals and promotes equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, age, medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Execute 2017 marketing plan and play a key role in evolving the plan in 2018 and beyond; including management of plan initiatives and content creation for growing the company’s footprint (social channels, press releases, corporate announcements, and creative content)
- Assist with the creation of speaking opportunities for agency leaders
- Connect with influential marketing trade and consumer media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news, breaking campaigns and other initiatives
- Collaborate with prominent members of the company, including executives, to craft and pitch stories, press releases and thought leadership white papers.
- Establish a sustainable, strategic approach to Public Relations based on adding value to media outlets and event managers, not just asking for it
- Creatively provide proactive ‘rule-bending’ solutions to putting i.d.e.a. on the map
Qualifications & Education
- Bold, proactive and positive attitude
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Experience pitching, crafting and placing content externally through news outlets, guest blogging and op-ed development
- Experience with event management and sponsorships
- Skilled in creating, editing and promoting written and visual content
- Ability to address communication and issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or equivalent working experience
- A minimum of 5+ years experience in marketing, public relations, corporate communications, content marketing and/or relationship marketing