BG Creative // June 24, 2010 // Advertising // 4 Comments
Based on a recent survey conducted by Netcraft, there are over 111 million websites on the internet. That comes out to roughly 4.3 billion pages being indexed by Google! So, how do you get potential clients to your website? Well, there are some things you can do to help get your site noticed.
Many people out there may not understand the importance of keywords and where those keywords should go. One of the most important tags to address when it comes to your ranking on Google and other search engines is the title tag.
You must create unique, accurate page titles if you want to drive traffic to your site because search engines consider the keywords found in the title tag to be extremely important. Below are the 5 things to remember when creating a title tag:
- Your Web page title tag is the most important aspect of Web page design in regards to ranking well on all search engines. The title tag tells the search engines what your page is about.
- Your title tag is what Google and most other search engines use as your Web page’s link within the search results. It confirms to your potential site visitor that your page has what they searched for.
- Create unique title tags for each page – Each of your pages should ideally have a unique title tag, which helps Google know how the page is distinct from others on your site. Avoid using a single title tag across all of your site’s pages or a large group of pages.
- Use brief, but descriptive titles – Titles can be both short and informative. If the title is too long, Google will show only a portion of it in the search result. Avoid using extremely lengthy titles that are unhelpful to users and stuffing unneeded keywords in your title tags.
- Accurately describe the page’s content – Choose a title that effectively communicates what the page is about. Avoid choosing a title that has no relation to the content on the page and using default or vague titles like “Untitled” or “New Page 1.”
What other tips do you have to improve search engine optimization and help drive website traffic?