So have you heard the word meme? It gets bandied about in social media circles but, really, I don’t think most people know what it means. A meme is new word (surprise!) used to describe a catchphrase or concept that spreads quickly via the Internet.
Last Friday I got tagged by Jason Baer, our digital guru, on a meme making the rounds in which you post seven things about yourself that people probably don’t know. I usually do what Jason tells me to (except if my husband says no) cause he’s pretty smart. So here it is:
1. I’m a high school drop out. It was soooo boring!
2. I used that time to travel as much as possible, including 3 months at an ashram in India. Now you know why I stay so calm and centered…
3. I sneeze in multiples of three, which is fine, except when I’m driving. Then it’s scary.
4. The primary pet in my home is a very large, very ugly African frog named Tady. Tady has eaten all the lovely fish I have ever put in her tank (yes, she is a she). Now she gets minnows for company.
5. I should have had Dorie Greenspan’s job. I am a frustrated baker who takes it out on her family and friends with high calorie treats.
6. When I was a teenager, I was a member of an African dance performing group. It was the 70s.
7. I couldn’t do what I do without the support of my two husbands. Jon Bailey, my day husband going on 14 years, makes me laugh everyday. Paul Bowers, my night (and legal) husband supports me in ways I didn’t even know I needed. I love them both. Madly.
Part of this meme is to tag 7 other people. So here’s my list of people whose lists I’d like to read. Sorry guys. It’s actually painless.
Here are the rules.
1. Link your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
2. Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
3. Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged.